Corn Roast and Fall Festival Committee Notes - 5/24/2018

Agenda

  • Invites from last meeting – did anyone invite them? Who can make contact?
    • Tom Raabe and Becky Jo will make contact
  • Review any reservations/arrangements already made or that need to be made
    • Confirm
      • climbing wall
        • have emailed, National Guard has yet to respond
      • dunk tank
        • City of Cornelius has
        • set times
        • volunteers to run and to be dunked
        • insurance – Howard will check
      • charcoal grills – Howard and Amy
        • shouldn’t be a problem, waiting for confirmation
        • volunteers to cook
    • Needs done
      • Waste Management - Howard
        • Dumpster
        • Garbage bags
      • Porta Potties – Jen
        • Will get quote for same as last year, and additional handwashing station
      • Tents
      • Sound/Stage
      • Banner
  • Update from Committees
    • Chairs need to come up with brief description of committee and tentative volunteer needs by JUNE 7
      • Marketing – Jen Weber, Nikki DeBuse
      • Carnival Booths – Amy Tracewell, *NEEDS CO-CHAIR*
      • Logistics – Matt Stone,
      • Volunteer Coordination – Jessica Parker, Amie Ritchie,
      • Entertainment – Todd Tracewell
      • Sponsorships – Toni Ashby,
      • Food – Guy Storms, Janet Peters, Becky Jo Saxe,
      • Bankers – Tom Raabe, Lorrie Hutchins?
      • Contests – *NEEDS CHAIR*
        • Pie Eating
        • Scarecrow
        • Corn Hole
        • Tug of War
        • Corn Eating
      • Info Booth – Jamie Ford
      • Budget – Nikki DeBuse, Jessica Parker, Howard Sullivan, Toni Ashby, Amy Tracewell
  • ew Business   
    • Vendors
      • Set up – 9 – 11
      •  Tear down – 5 – 7
      • Event start time – 11am
    • Radios/Walkie-talkies
      • Amy looking into
        • Can run $200 - $400 for  ~10 good ones
      • Love Rocks Run
        • Purchasing, maybe we can borrow/rent?
    • Reporting to Chamber Board – Nikki
      • May 29, 12 pm
    • June Meeting Dates – we begin meeting weekly
      • June 7, 4 pm
      • June 14, 4 pm
      • June 21, 4 pm
      • June 28, 4 pm
  • Next Meeting – June 7, 4 pm
    • Topics to discuss:
      • Committee Updates
      • Rain Plan 
      • June 7th, 12 pm Budget Committee
  • Attendance
    • Nikki DeBuse – News Times 
    • Howard Sullivan - Chamber
    • Tom Raabe – Premier Community Bank
    • Jessica Parker – Chamber
    • Becky Jo Saxe – BJ’s Coffee Co.
    • Toni Ashby – News Times 
    • Amy Tracewell – Pacific University
    • Amie Ritchie – All Seasons Shades
    • Guy Storms – Henningsen Cold Storage
    • Jen Weber – FGSCC/Love Rocks Run

Corn Roast and Fall Festival Committee Notes - 5/10/2018

Agenda

  • Debrief from last year
    • What worked
      • Weather
      • Having booths/activities
      • Scarecrow contest
      • Sponsorships
      • Having the fire departments do the tug of war
    • What didn’t work
      • Sound/Announcements
        • couldn’t hear by College Way where booths were
      • Food line/Food
        • getting food out fast enough
      • Less vendors more game booths
      • Lack of coordination with chalk art
      • Bee traps
      • Handicap accessible restroom
        • had one last year, but it needed a ramp
      • Keep money in more secure area
      • Have more cash on hand
        • had to make a bank run last year
      • Separate line for beverages, corn, and sundaes
      • All you can eat corn
        • maybe not have it or have stricter guidelines on how many you can get at once
    • Vision for this year
      • More carnival feel
      • More games/activities
        • Dunk tank, Rock Wall, Corn Hole, face painting, magician, balloon person, picture cutouts
      • Popcorn, cotton candy at carnival area
      • More sponsorships
      • Better display of Sponsors
      • Marketing Committee
      • More contests for Firefighters
        • Corn/pie eating   
        • Tug of war
        • Corn hole
        • Have a “travelling trophy”?
      • Involve police more
      • More signage for parking, restrooms, directional signs to event
      • Designated handicap parking
      • Beer garden with/at Ridgewalker
      • Have a mascot – Scarecrow?
      • Somehow find more level ground
      • # Challenge where we create a hashtag and encourage people to use it and have the possibility of winning a prize from a sponsor
  • Budget
    • Very informal budget last year
    • Create a small committee
    • Get targets from the board 
  • Committees
    • Marketing – Jen Weber,
    • Carnival Booths – Amy Tracewell,
    • Logistics – Matt Stone,
    • Volunteer Coordination – Jessica Parker, Amie Ritchie,
    • Entertainment – Amy Tracewell, Toni Ashby,
    • Sponsorships – Toni Ashby,
    • Food – Guy Storms, Janet Peters, Becky Jo Saxe,
    • Contests -
    • Info Booth –
    • Budget – Nikki DeBuse, Jessica Parker, Howard Sullivan, Toni Ashby, Amy Tracewell
  • Announcements
    •  May 24th, Corn Roast/Chalk Art/City Club group will meet at 2 pm at the chamber for second meeting, and will probably stay for the CR Committee meeting at 4 pm.
  • Next Meeting
    • Topics to discuss:
      • Sponsorship levels and benefits
      • Set preliminary budget
      • Flesh out committees
      • Rain Plan
      • Committee Updates
    • May 17th, 4 pm Budget Committee
    • May 24th, 4 pm at Chamber office
  • Attendance
    • Nikki DeBuse – News Times 
    • Janet Peters – Allstate
    • Jessica Parker – Chamber
    • Becky Jo Saxe – BJ’s Coffee Co.
    • Toni Ashby – News Times 
    • Amy Tracewell – Pacific University
    • Amie Ritchie – All Seasons Shades
    • Matt Stone – Stone Agency – Farmers Insurance
    • Guy Storms – Henningsen Cold Storage